PDA

View Full Version : Game crash because of my CC?

jon119
25th Jan 2009, 1:34 PM
Hi,
I got a message today that my basegame compatible fountains Vivid Waters II (http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=310972) caused a game crash.
When I tested them there never were such issues but a user PMed me that she always gets the messages that the game crashed and is terminated even before it loads. Without the fountains everything is okay again...

Do you know what causes the problem? I never got any reports about similar problems.

buggybooz
25th Jan 2009, 3:33 PM
I presume you tested them with a basegame/anygame starter? I just did and nope it didn't crash. Its probably a genuine mistake by the person who pmed you. Something is causing their crash but I doubt that its your objects otherwise I am sure you would have already got quite a few other public complaints.

jon119
25th Jan 2009, 3:45 PM
Thanks for your reply, I think so, too!

I tested them with basegame only and also with BV installed additionally. If I remmeber it correctly I once had a similar problem. Unfortunately I don't remember why and how I solved it... :turtle: :lol:

Numenor
25th Jan 2009, 6:56 PM
I adviced that user to contact you privately, because I too suspected that her crashes were not related to your mod. After all, your mod doesn't use any odd modding technique, being based on animated textures (and wonderfully animated ones, may I say :) ).

Anyway, I've already tested your fountains in the base game when I approved them, and now I've tested them again (see screenshot with Randy acting as Anita Ekberg in "La Dolce Vita" :lol: )
No crash whatsoever.

jon119
25th Jan 2009, 7:50 PM
Thanks, Numenor!
Obviously, it's something else what causes the problem...

P.S.: Randy had much fun with the fountains in my BGS, too. He seems to like a refreshing footbath :lol: !

Numenor
26th Jan 2009, 12:11 AM
Jokes apart, maybe you could think and fix the footprint, so to prevent such unwanted intersections. I think you already know that tutorial by Echo about the footprint, right?

EDIT: the user PMed me reporting that the fountains now work fine... :wtf:
I wonder why users don't try at least TWICE before reporting a bug...

EDIT AGAIN: the same user clarifies that now everything works fine because... she installed an expansion. Her game is no more a "base-game" now, so this doesn't prove anything. Oh well, I give up! :rolleyes: -

jon119
26th Jan 2009, 4:36 PM
Yeah, she wrote to me, too that it works now. I can say that the fountains normally have to work with basegame and at least with BV and obviously they also work with Mansion&Garden...
I think as long as no more users report any similar issues I'll assume that it was something else what caused the problem.

And no, I didn't know Echo's footprint tutorial. Actually I believed that it was not possible (at least not easily) to change it as lots of CC creators never change the footprint.
If I find and understand ;) it I will update the fountains.

EDIT: I found Echo's tutorial and it's very good but as I never worked with BHAVs before I think it will probably take some time till I get everything to work...