PDA

View Full Version : make a object "siminvisible"

cmomoney
16th Jan 2009, 5:28 PM
Hi ,all. I have an object that I cloned from an end table. I haven't quite got a grasp on bhavs, slots, functions and such, but I want to make the object invisble to sims as far as interaction is concerned but still visible on a lot.

Also, what determines if an object is visible in neighborhood view?

GeneralOperationsDirector
16th Jan 2009, 6:22 PM
I can`t give you definitive answers to your questions, but I think that making an object visible in neighborhood view depends on something called "LOD90".

As for "invisible to sims", do you mean you want them to be able to walk through it, or that you want them to be unable to place things on it? Depending on what you want, it might be easier to clone a decorative object, instead. Basicly, the idea is enlightend lazyness: clone the object that needs the fewest changes, especially the fewest changes to things you don`t understand. :)

cmomoney
16th Jan 2009, 6:47 PM
I want them to be able to walk through it and not consider it a surface to put something on or somthing they have to walk around. Is there already an object like this in decorations since this is where I want my object catalogued anyway?

Inge Jones
16th Jan 2009, 7:35 PM
Clone a rug and make your mesh on that.

cmomoney
17th Jan 2009, 6:29 AM
Thank you! It worked(of course) and once I stop kicking myself I'll look into the LOD90.

*update*

Short tutorial to make objects visible in neighborhood view:
http://nene.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=195136