PDA

View Full Version : making an object sellable

rickzoe
13th Jan 2009, 6:37 AM
i'd like to make the tv dinner sellable, and have cloned it, but cannot figure out how to do it. is there a tutorial on how to make objects and food that is unsellable to be sellable?

Numenor
13th Jan 2009, 8:35 AM
What you mean "unsellable"? If you click on it with the business tool (in order to set his price) doesn't it become yellow? You could also click on the little "lock" icon, in the business panel (the entire catalog turns yellow) and then buy the table from the catalog, and the table should be automatically put on sale (if not, do you receive a message?)

rickzoe
13th Jan 2009, 2:50 PM
right, when you use the the tool to make things sellable in a owned community business, it turns the item 'yellow.'

but tv dinners cannot be sold. when i mouse over the tv dinner it says 'cannot be set for sale.'

Numenor
13th Jan 2009, 5:12 PM
I'm not very experienced with food, and I don't know what makes the tv dinner not sellable (just a silly question: you are trying to sell the cooked dinner, right?).
Try comparing (with SimPE) the TV dinner with a sellable food; I'd first look at possible differences in the OBJD and in the BCONs.

rickzoe
13th Jan 2009, 6:13 PM
yes, i'd like to sell the cooked tv dinner. ah, i'll look at those differences now, thank you. :)

EDIT:
i don't see any differences so far, but i'll keep looking

Echo
13th Jan 2009, 11:52 PM
Just a thought... From what I remember after messing with them briefly several months ago, foods themselves aren't sellable, but the plates they sit on are. When you mark a food for sale, you mark the plate for sale and it calculates its value based on the food content it contains.

Does the TV dinner have a plate?

rickzoe
14th Jan 2009, 1:28 AM
actually, it doesn't have a plate. i didn't realize that--only the TV dinner and the TV dinner menu, but no plate file.