PDA

View Full Version : How can I make a sim move forward during an animation?

Jasumi
22nd Dec 2008, 6:54 AM
Hello again.

I've created an animation hack, my only issue is making the sims move forward while they are performing the action. They stay in one place as opposed to walking forward. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

J. M. Pescado
22nd Dec 2008, 7:57 AM
I've created an animation hack, my only issue is making the sims move forward while they are performing the action. They stay in one place as opposed to walking forward. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.In order for a sim to move during an animation, you must snap them into a slot of some kind at its conclusion, or during events in that animation. Otherwise they will simply whip back to their original positions afterwards.

Jasumi
22nd Dec 2008, 8:22 PM
In order for a sim to move during an animation, you must snap them into a slot of some kind at its conclusion, or during events in that animation. Otherwise they will simply whip back to their original positions afterwards.

Interesting. How can I go about doing this (I'm not very affluent in such topics)?

On another note, in Milkshape how do I properly locomote the animation before exporting it?

J. M. Pescado
29th Dec 2008, 1:06 PM
I really wouldn't know. I understand the rudiments of how events and triggers work, but the actual animating eludes me. Presumably, you would have to set an event to snap the sim into the destination slot as he arrives there. This requires extremely precise timing that not even EAxis consistently gets right, the most apparent example being vampires getting out of their coffins, if you watch closely.

Jasumi
30th Dec 2008, 1:54 AM
I see. Do you know how to loop animations in SimPE? I've been analyzing the pose boxes, and the poses seem to sustain for an infinite length of time until "snapped" out.

WesHowe
30th Dec 2008, 3:13 AM
The looping is an option on the BHAV that calls the animation. The animation (ANIM) itself is the same for one shot or repeat, other than that a looping animation should be designed so that the end and the beginning are the same pose, to avoid glitches.

<* Wes *>