PDA

View Full Version : Need help with modding aspiration

wiseguy12851
24th Nov 2008, 11:56 AM
I am very confused on how to mod aspiration with objects, I have looked at sample objects that have that feature and cannot figure it out.

I am fully aware you cannot choose "sim data" or something similar and do a literal to decimal 1000 but can somebody explain to me how to object mod an aspiration score

Much Thanks
Shukel

McAlli
24th Nov 2008, 3:21 PM
ok coming too you

wiseguy12851
24th Nov 2008, 3:37 PM
Thank you very much McAlli, I will study how this painting manipulates aspiration so I can come up with an update to the television and other objects

In the painting there is stack object, I'm seeing it's able to max aspiration everyone so I'm investigating max out needs everyone, also I'm confused about how to use Stack or whether to use it

I've never programmed an action that effects everyone but would be very useful if I could get it down

Much Help appriciated
Shukel

Echo
25th Nov 2008, 9:02 AM
If you're writing an interaction, then "My *" is for the sim executing the interaction and (at least initially) "Stack Object *" is for the object that holds the interaction. It's covered in some detail here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=212101
if you're interested. :) As a programmer already, most of the early stuff will be obvious, but the interesting stuff is at the end. ;)

wiseguy12851
26th Nov 2008, 12:33 AM
Thanks very much Echo, I luckily had a template from McAlli to play around with but I'd be as lost as a goose if I hadn't read the tutorial, even though it was real basic stuff at the beggining I particularly focused and learned all about stacking. I didn't realize the power and capability by stacking it with such a simple solution

I now have finished my TV with one of the many options being clicking a button in the menu and maxing aspiration and motives to all the people and pets on the lot... a perfect quick solution that involves stacking all the motives and aspiration max codes and distributing them to every sim both pet and human on the lot

Shukel