PDA

View Full Version : Sofa ? - Another slot question.

fairywitch
26th Oct 2008, 11:39 AM
I cloned a 2-tiled sofa to make a bench. Underneath it are going to be 3 slots for placing stuff. OK, done slots before and it's not a problem.

In the text list there are references to slot_0, slot_1 and slot_2, all have routes aswell. However, in the slot resource, there are only 2 slot files. In the Cres, there is a slot_0 and a slot_1 referenced. Nowhere is a slot_2 mentioned.

Does this have something to do with this object being 2-tiled?

I can add slots with the numbers 3, 4 and 5 instead and not worry about it but I like to know why something is there. I wanted to add slots 2, 3 and 4 until I saw that 2nd slot and 2nd routing slot in the text file.

Thanks for any input. :)

Impetus
26th Oct 2008, 2:09 PM
I've seen these on some other items not just sofas. I just came to the conclusion that EAxis decided to delete a slot or got bored whilst making one :P

Not sure if there's a logical explaination, though?

Echo
27th Oct 2008, 12:24 AM
There is a one-to-one relationship between the number of SLOT files and the number of tiles. Each tile can point to only one SLOT resource, but it can have multiple slots. Confusing, eh?

Each SLOT resource can have multiple slots list in it, which may be where the extra slot in the CRES resource comes into it.

I don't have access to the sofa right now so I can't actually look - are all the slots container slots, or are there routing slots in there as well?

fairywitch
28th Oct 2008, 12:35 AM
It's not really all that confusing to me anymore. They are becoming easier to understand after working with them for a while.

Slot_2 and slot_2 routes aren't listed in the Cres, they are listed in the Model-Bones text file. Each Slot resource has a container slot and multiple route slots. This object is wierd that way. I did check the I9 and I10 values but none of those listed in the text file for slot_2 are actually used in the slot resources, so I'm guessing they are useless left-over stuff like Impetus says.

The "sofa" I cloned is that expensive medieval wooden bench btw just in case you want to look at it.

I'd upload it but I am too tired. My work hours are very long at the moment and I need sleep. I just wanted to check in quickly to see if there were replies.

Thankyou. :)