PDA

View Full Version : Strange things with my game...

KevinsHope
16th Oct 2008, 4:48 AM
Okay.

What is the most likely cause if an object is working fine in your starter game when you test it but is completely jacked up when you veiw it in the full game? I have my starter game up to "OFB". My main game is current, with all expantions and all stuff packs. In the starter game, my object, which is an accessory, shows up great, looks great, and has no issues. When I first did my test run in the main game, it worked fine. I adjusted a few things on the mesh that I wanted to adjust, imported it with the unimesh plug in, and then, in the main game, it was doing this odd thing where the faces were all pointing in different directions. I redid the mesh package, and now it works great in my starter game but is not vissable at all when I put it on my sim in the main game. The little icon is working, but the object is invisable. I suspect a conflict either with another package or with the expansion, but I want some informed oppinions.

Kevin

GeneralOperationsDirector
16th Oct 2008, 4:56 AM
Have you tried deleting your cache files?

KevinsHope
16th Oct 2008, 6:24 AM
Hmmm....no...but I'll try it now and see what happens. Well, it seems that that worked...I mean, I can at least see my accessory in game now. But it still is not rendering right...it looks odd. I'm going to check the material definition carefully and see if something got switched around, but why would it be right in the anygame, but not right in the main one.