PDA

View Full Version : Neighborhood vehicle default replacements

jasonduskey
11th Oct 2008, 5:29 PM
I'm trying to make a set of NH vehicles based on hexameter's default replacement vehicles set. The .package seems pretty basic (only GMDC, GMND, TXMT, CRES, SHPE, and TXTR to edit) and I edited what I needed to in those resources. In the preview window of the GMDC, the objects appear correctly, but when I try to import them into the game, they don't appear. What am I doing wrong?

Echo
13th Oct 2008, 10:18 AM
They're in the wrong group. :) If you want to override the neighbourhood stuff, the have to have the same Type/Group/Instance IDs as the originals, but these ones have the custom '0x1C050000' group ID. :)

jasonduskey
13th Oct 2008, 1:38 PM
Thanx, sister. Will try it.

jasonduskey
15th Oct 2008, 2:30 AM
Okay, the group ID for hexameter's vehicles is 0x1C0532FA. I copied that to all the resources in each of the default replacement packages and went from having stupid-looking Maxis neighborhood vehicles to no neighborhood vehicles. What did I break this time?

Echo
15th Oct 2008, 12:35 PM
Do they have the same filenames, types, groups and instance numbers as the originals?

hexameter
15th Oct 2008, 1:59 PM
Jasonduskey try to do it this way:
Don't clone the package, only import a new mesh and the correctly UV-mapped texture, commit and save the package. That should be enough to make the vehicles work and override the originals. Be sure that you don't have other overrides of these vehicles of the same type within the downloads.
hexameter

jasonduskey
16th Oct 2008, 1:42 AM
Okay. I'll give it a try. Thanks.