PDA

View Full Version : Custom bhav problem amd autonomy issues

upinout
2nd Aug 2008, 4:38 AM
I've been trying to create an object that maxes a sims motives and aspirations when they use it. From following Echo's tutorial I had no problem with the motives, as she pretty well outlined how to do that in her tutorial.

However, I wanted to add the aspiration boost as well. For the motives, the codes I'm using look like this;

[prim 0x0002] Expression (My motive 0x0005 (Energy) := Literal 0x0064)

So I thought a similar code would work for the aspiration, and I created this code;

[prim 0x0002] Expression (My person data 0x002E (Aspiration) := Literal 0x04B0)

I've tried playing around with the 0x04B0 (1200) value, as I'm not sure what value will max out the sim's aspiration, but no matter what value I try (I even tried FFFF) nothing happens.

Another issue I've been having is autonomy. Either the sims completely ingnor the object, or the use it non-stop. I can't seem to find the happy medium.

I want a sim to use the object for energy, bladder, comfort and hunger, so I've been playing around with the "advertising" values for those motives, but like I said, I can't seem to find the right balance. T

here are 3 parts to the advertsing value, Min., Delta, and type. From my understanding, Min is for all sims, Delta is a bonus value added for certain sims, and type defines which types of sims the bonus applies to.

I thought I could ignore the delta and type values since I don't particularly care if certain sim "types" want to use the object more than others. But when I set only the min value ( no matter how high) the sims completely ignore the object. It seems like I have to put in values for the Delta and type, but then no matter how low I make all the values, the sims seem to use the object over and over, doing nothing else.

I apologize for such a large post, but can anyone please provide some guidance on this? I've looked through the forums, read many posts on the subject, but I'm still having trouble.

This is my first foray into hacking, thus far I've stuck to making new object and skin meshes, but I've never tried to add in new functionality before. It's been quite the challenge, but a lot of fun learning.

Rapsheba555
2nd Aug 2008, 7:18 AM
although this isn't my area of expertise, my bets are that they are using it non-stop because it maxes ALL their motives, etc. Sims like things more the more the object does for more of their motives. That wasn't very clear. Let me try again. By making it increase ALL their motives and needs at once, even if only a small amount, they will use it constantly because it takes care of all their needs. At least that's my guess.

J. M. Pescado
2nd Aug 2008, 8:09 AM
Aspiration is controlled by a Generic Sim Call. The persondata attribute should be regarded as read-only and should not be manually altered by BHAV. See the "Controller - Aspiration Decay" object for an example of how to correctly alter a sim's aspiration levels.

upinout
2nd Aug 2008, 11:21 AM
I appreciate the advice, Pescado, but I'm not sure what the "Controller -Aspiration Decay" object is exactly, or where to look for it... Would someone be willing to point me to where I can find it?

I have been looking at other objects people have made to boost aspiration to get some idea, but it seems like each one does it differently and I'm not quite sure what exatly the codes mean. This is all so new to me.

On another note, I solved my autonomy issue, so now I just need to take care of this aspiration part.

**Edited in**

I finally solved both of these issues, thanks for your advice! :)