PDA

View Full Version : Translation value missing

sweetswami77
15th Jul 2008, 1:42 AM
I'm attempting to add a slot to the lower shelf on an end table, and I'm loosely following the slot tutorial for extended objects. I'm up to the part about changing the translation values, but the Z value is missing. Did I miss a step?

sweetswami77
17th Jul 2008, 4:25 PM
I took a look at a few other objects that have more than one slot on a single floor tile, and it appears that the Z value doesn't show up in them either. Is it SimPE that is the problem, or is there another place to change the Z value that I'm not seeing?

Numenor, you mentioned on the InfoCenter thread about slots that if S2 is left at 0, the game will grab the X, Y, and Z values from F1, F2, and F3, but it's not typically done that way. Why is that? Will the Sims not be able to interact with the object? And if it's not necessary that they interact with it (because it will most likely be a spot for decorative objects), is it an acceptable way to change the height of the slot?

I'm really stuck here, so if anyone could offer any insight, I'd certainly appreciate it. Thanks so much!

Inge Jones
17th Jul 2008, 4:54 PM
Looks like you have a display issue. Is there no scroll bar on the right? Have you tried dragging the plugin window a bit taller?

sweetswami77
17th Jul 2008, 5:26 PM
Thanks, Inge! That was it. Yes, there was a scroll bar on the right, but it didn't scroll down any farther than that. That's why I was stumped. Never thought to increase the size of the window. :P It's the simplest answers that always elude me...

Thanks again!