PDA

View Full Version : Prevent object names from showing up

Lianne87
11th Jun 2008, 10:14 PM
I've noticed something about a few custom made objects; when I place the cursor over them in the game, the name of the objects show up (like when you point at a sim, their name shows). I think that's quite annoying - how do I stop the object names from showing up like that?

Echo
12th Jun 2008, 11:40 AM
The little rectangular tool tips? I'm pretty sure all objects have those... They're taken from the catalogue strings I think.

Numenor
12th Jun 2008, 3:09 PM
Some creations of mine had that problem, and I never could understand why it happened until MaryLou pointed me out that in the OBJD there is the field 0x0028 ("Tooltip Name Type - 0 Default") that must be set to zero, to avoid the tooltip.
In fact, having the tooltip while in Buy mode (especially using the eyedropper tool) is normal; but having the tooltip always active and visible every time you click on an object to bring up the menu is really annoying.

What I wondered many times was how happened that my objects (usually fridges and TV) had that OBJD field containing a non-zero value: I never change that field, so I guess it's a setting typical of some base-game objects. Anyway, just put zero in that field and the annoying tooltip will vanish :)