PDA

View Full Version : Will the *new* Freetime patch affect modding tools?

groovilicious
5th Jun 2008, 3:32 PM
Apologies in advance if I'm putting this in the wrong place. Before I install the new Freetime patch, I wanted to check to be sure there wouldn't be any adverse effects on the CEP, Anygame/Basegame starter, or SimPE. I have it in my head that installing the patch will be similar to installing a new EP/SP, and perhaps I shouldn't do it until the tools are updated? Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for your kind consideration!

Numenor
6th Jun 2008, 1:22 AM
The CEP and the AGS/BGS are not affected by the patch. The game will still be Freetime, though with some files updated. It is possible that some hacks/mods will stop working, if the patch updates the game code used by those mods, but if you are only concerned by the CEP, AGS and BGS, go ahead :)

Inge Jones
6th Jun 2008, 10:40 AM
It shouldn't affect SimPE, as I have never known a patch to change the data structure of anything.

groovilicious
6th Jun 2008, 9:25 PM
I was concerned installing the patch would make me have to re-install all my tools just like a new expansion. Thanks for the replies, I appreciate your time!

Numenor
7th Jun 2008, 12:03 PM
Update: I've installed the patch and - as expected - nothing relevant changed.

groovilicious
9th Jun 2008, 3:24 PM
As with the installation of a new expansion or stuff pack, the first time I ran the game (and Anygame) after the install, the 'disable custom content' was selected, and my custom content showed up blue. And as usual, the second time I ran it everything showed up normally. Thank you for checking for me Numenor! I appreciate you!