PDA

View Full Version : Is This possible? Sofa mesh question.

ShanOw
2nd Jun 2008, 10:05 AM
Hi,
I have made this sofa mesh, but I don't like the idea of the Sitting through the object. It is a three seater sofa but one of the seats is pretty much decorative only, yet the sims can still sit 'through' the seat.

I was wondering whether there was a way to stop the sims sitting on the third seat, so It is technically a 2 seater.

Just to help you understand, here is a pic.
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/ShanOw0/sofa.jpg

^^ I want to stop the Sims sitting on the far right seat. (I hope that was nice and clear)

Thanks,
Shane

Jasana_BugBreeder
2nd Jun 2008, 1:39 PM
Does the right seat really fits one tile? I mean, if that thing in the right extrudes over the tile border - it's better to add extra tile to object for it (so that sims wouldn't walk through it) - then sitting in the corner problem would be resolved because sims couldn't route to it. To learn how to add tiles, check this tutorial (http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=97054) by Echo.

If I'm mistaken and it fits one tile, then try just remove Sit function from that tile's OBJf resource (it has the same instance as OBJD resource, and for OBJD resources tile number is usually included in their name).

Echo
2nd Jun 2008, 1:57 PM
It is possible, but it's a little messy. What you need to do is make that tile always say that it's unusable. First, go into the BHAVs and make a clone of the "Function - Main". Change its name to "always false", then give it a new instance ID (one that isn't used for a BHAV yet, 1010 or some such). Change the first line of the new "always false" BHAV to call "0x02F3" (No-op), then make both its true and false targets point to "Return False". Commit the changes.

Now, find the OBJD which matches the tile you want to change. Find the OBJf which has the same instance ID, and scroll down to the lines which say "Sit" and "Stand". Set the Guardian BHAV for both of those to the instance of the "always false" BHAV you put in earlier.

I'm not 100% certain that will cover all possibilities, but it *should* work without causing it to complain about missing resources or unreachable tiles or anything like that. :)

ShanOw
3rd Jun 2008, 8:24 AM
Thanks a lot... and no, the end bit doesn't fit one tile, I was reading Echo's Tute but got a little confused. I'll work through it and get back to you... :D