PDA

View Full Version : Neighborhood Object In Need Of Adjustment

G0TH1KA
1st May 2008, 3:12 AM
Hello, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for and need help with what might be a very simple thing to do.

I created a (NH object) crosswalk that I want to have sitting on top of roads in the neighborhood (not in lots). I cloned, changed the catagory from Misc to landmark but for some reason I can't get the object to sit on top of the road even after changing its XML "allow on road" to 0x00000001.

Nothing has helped at this point but if someone can give me a hang with this that would be greatly appreciated.

-Thankyou.

Lethe_s
1st May 2008, 9:01 AM
Hi Gothika,
from what i remember, it's quite hard to get a neighbourhood object 'on top' of a road, unless it's quite a bit higher than the road (like a bridge or something)
possibly cause the game wants to make sure that the cars are always visible (making the road mesh a lot higher than it look) but that's just a guess.

G0TH1KA
1st May 2008, 6:03 PM
Thanks for the first reply :)

pokedude9777
6th May 2008, 8:06 AM
How about moving the mesh of the object you want above the road up in your 3d editor?by up i mean as in rais in to the air; if you nudge it up a little bit, then try it ingame, then repeat the raising progress until it is visible on the road.

G0TH1KA
8th May 2008, 7:03 AM
Thats what I'm thinking of but I'm now looking into learning Wings 3D, I have sketchup pro but I can't find any good tutorials for it here. :( When I figure out this backwards Wings 3D program I want to use it to raise the object.

pokedude9777
8th May 2008, 7:14 AM
So you don't know how to raise the object? It's easy,if your using Wings 3D just click window/geometry,
then when the graph appears select the triangle next to the object you want to raise, then right click the object and move/Y.

G0TH1KA
15th May 2008, 3:49 AM
Hey Pokedude, I got it working, WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I have been very successful at what I wanted to do. I just have to touch up my projects, fix a few flaws. My mouth dropped when I saw the results each time :D I'll send updates in a few days!