PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

twisted FATE
17th Nov 2007, 1:40 AM
I hope I'm in the right place. @[email protected];

I'll be the first one to admit that I'm a Harry Potter geek. As a result, I have many wizarding families in my game. I am satisfied with all the wonderful HP Downloads out there -- except one thing bothers me. I cannot get a true "Weasley Clock!" While the Harry Potter Project does offer one, it's not very true to the book version.

What I'm looking to do is to edit the grandfather clock to accommodate more than two hands. Although it might be difficult to fit all nine in there...Hmm, maybe I ought to take a look for other antique looking clocks that have a larger face...But that's not the point.

Is it possible to edit a clock so that it does have more than two hands? I've looked at the textures, but it's difficult, as I'm no good at visualizing it as a 3-D object. ><

Thank you in advance for your replies! I do appreciate it, as I'm quite the newbie when it comes to object recolouring. :]

niol
17th Nov 2007, 1:24 PM
No, the title is impossible to let readers know what this thread is basically about. after all I shouldn't get in to view this.

tiggerypum
18th Nov 2007, 1:17 AM
if you wanted to add actual HANDS to the clock... and have them move, that would be a big project to tackle and you'd need to learn how to mesh.

Otherwise, I expect you should be able to recolor the FACE of the clock to have 2 fake hands on it that don't move, bringing the number up to 4

And go edit your first message and fix the title 'Is it possible' is a lousy title. 'Can a grandfather clock have 4 hands' or something along those lines would be much better.