PDA

View Full Version : indoor vs outdoor placement

Jimbo64
5th Oct 2007, 5:25 AM
How would I alter an "Outside only" item to work indoors, or can I even do it?

I want to use a fountain, but I cant find where it gets those rules from. I tried using the fx animation I want from the fountain, but thats a lost cause for me.

Jimbo-

Inge Jones
5th Oct 2007, 7:53 AM
If your problem is that it won't allow itself to be placed indoors, then that is probably due to not being allowed to be placed on floor tiles. You can easily overcome that by using the "move_objects on" cheat. Or by editing the init to add:

[prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x002A (placement flags) Set Flag flag# Literal 0x0001 (allow on floor))

Jimbo64
5th Oct 2007, 9:13 AM
Thanks for the quick reply :D

Jimbo-

Jimbo64
5th Oct 2007, 2:37 PM
No luck :( regardless of what I try, lol.

Heres the file if anyone has any ideas.

Inge Jones
5th Oct 2007, 3:03 PM
I can't see anything wrong with your init chain.

Maybe I haven't fully understood what your fountain is not doing that you would like it to do. Was I right in guessing that the placement arrows would not go green when you are trying to place it indoors, or is there some other problem? What happens when you use move_objects, does it work ok like that?

Jimbo64
5th Oct 2007, 3:41 PM
with the move objects cheat it works fine.

without it, it turns red when you move it inside, and if you click the mouse it says "Must be placed outside" (or something close)

If it was just for me, I'd use the cheat, but it was planned to be part of a set I'm working for upload, so I kinda wanted it to be cheat free.

Thanks for looking at it :)

Jimbo-

Inge Jones
5th Oct 2007, 3:46 PM
Ok I will have to explore more deeply then.

Not much later: I reckon it's that line talking about room placement. Have that line skipped as an experiment.

Jimbo64
5th Oct 2007, 4:02 PM
That fixed it :D

Thank you VERY much!!

Inge Jones
5th Oct 2007, 4:17 PM
Good :)